Tuesday, July 10, 2007

There will be bad days...


I ran today.... then I stopped after about 2.5 miles. Then I ran some more... then I walked a little... then I ran some more.... I was on a nice rolling green-way but is was brutally hot. It was 94 degrees, no clouds, and about 98% humidity. Walking on the black asphalt with a black baseball hat... well, it got me. I zapped. I ended up doing a miserable 4 miles in around 40-minutes. Terrible... but the heat made me a zombie out there. I've decided that I will go out tomorrow morning at 4:30 and run 5K at a good pace then do my slower run that I do with Nate on M/W/F. I can ride in this heat... I of course, can swim... but run? No. At least not now. Maybe when I have a bit more fitness. There will be bad days. Tomorrow will be better. I'll eat good today, get plenty of fluids, watch the Tour tonight, try to get some quality sleep... then hit it again tomorrow. I'm gonna do my run in the morning... then it's a lunchtime bike ride of about 21 miles. Thursday.... I'm gonna focus all my efforts on the swim. It's absolutely pouring rain right now... wish it had been an hour ago when I was running.

No comments: