Sunday, July 1, 2007

181...



So today Shannon, Jon Hogan, and I are climbing hwy 181. If you're not familiar with it... it's a non-stop 10 mile climb and probably the toughest section of the Bridge to Bridge course. Our total mileage today will be around 40 or so. Shannon and Jon have never rode 181... so it will be a treat for them. We are all taking part in the Bridge to Bridge Incredible Cycling Challenge this year... so it's time to start doing some reconnaissance training. bridge to bridge is a 102 mile ride with the last 50 being mostly climbing. This will serve as a great training ride for my IRONMAN. My goal is to do much better than last year. Last year I ate and hydrated wrong... pulled a hip-flexor muscle on 181... and pretty much suffered the last 40 miles to end up with a horrific time of 7 hours and 50 minutes. My goal is to finish around the 6 hr 30min mark this year.

No comments: