Wednesday, July 11, 2007

If only every day were bike day!

Today was bike day. I only had time for about 17-20 miles so we did our Hickory loop. Had Tyler along today so I really couldn't hammer. That's okay cause riding with Tyler (my 14 year-old son) has caused me to slow down, build some endurance and focus on mechanics. I really believe it's made be a stronger rider. To enhance workouts... I'll climb in bigger gears on do climbs 2 times to his 1 and get some repeats in. Anyway... I felt good today. I climbed the Hilton park climb (a 1 mile non-stop climb at around 17-18mph with peaks at over 19mph today (that's good for my 185lb physique.) I'm ready for our 77-mile ride Sunday... looking forward to it. Tomorrow it's back to running. Didn't make my 4:30am run this morning. Nate cancelled so I blew it off for some needed rest. Got up at 5:00 (that's good for me) and just chilled with a pot of coffee. Good stuff! I'll also hit the pool tomorrow for about 750 meters of drills (woo hoo!!) Ate well today... but I must confess... I ate a brownie at my Mom's house when I dropped the kids off. There... I feel better. I need a good run workout. I'm waiting for a breakthrough.


Man... could the tour please hit some hills?!? Some of the finish sprints have been pretty exciting... but c'mon. Let's suffer in some mountains already!

No comments: