Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Run...run...run


It's 6am and I'm out to run. These days (base building) I run for time goals not mileage goals. This morning kids, we'll be doing a 45 minute run focusing on form and cadence. I'm trying to maintain a stride that has me landing 21-23 foot strikes per 15 seconds. It's a foggy, cool July morning... should be good for running. Later this afternoon it's back into the pool for more drills. Swimming is beginning to get so so slightly more enjoyable now that I can actually feel like I'm not on the verge of drowning all the time.

My nutrition has been dialed in a bit. No more heavy starchy carbs except right before, during, or after a training session. I'm upping my protein to 2gms. per 2.2kg of body weight. Adding more water dense fruit and more veggies. My goal is 178lbs. I'm currently 188.

Speaking of training... if you are a triathlete, cyclist, or runner... I highly suggest invest in a Training Peaks.com account. It's the best way I've found to plan your training and keep yourself accountable.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. Going to take Nancy and the kids to Butch's house (he's the owner of the club I run) for a pool party/ cook-out. It's gonna be burgers and hot dogs so I guess I'll have to bring a couple chicken breasts for me (boo). I'm also running again in the morning.... another 45min. Peace!

No comments: