Monday, July 9, 2007

Rest.... and a retraction


Okay... so it's a rest day. I can't believe how hard it is to rest! I ran last night and have to say I had a bad workout. I felt like crap... ran poorly... and just could not get into a rhythm. It was so hard for me to not get out and run again today to make up for my bad performance yesterday. But I resisted... and feel pretty good. I can't wait to get back to training tomorrow and see if the day off served me well. I'll run and swim tomorrow. I plan to drive down the street to a local walking trail to run a flatter course to build some easy endurance. I'm trying to keep my heart rate below 147. We'll see... that's tough for me... especially in this heat. Then it's into the pool for an hour's worth of drill work. About 750 meters in all.

So now for my retraction. In an earlier post I was dogging the Tour De France. But when I happened to ease by a TV today that was broadcasting it.... I was sucked back in. I think it the voice of Phil Liggett. You hear that familiar British accent doing the "play-by-play" and you can't help but get the fever. It was even a boring flat stage... but I watched it like a train wreck. I immediately jumped behind the computer and logged onto my Dish Network account and upgraded to the bigger (and more expensive) package that included the Versus Network that broadcasts the Tour. Oh, well. Guess old habits die hard. What can I say... when I'm wrong... I'm wrong. Vive' Le Tour!

No comments: