Monday, September 3, 2007

No Bridge of Death this year...

Well, it's official. The Doctor informed us (my wife and I) that the baby can come into the world at 34 weeks. They plan to induce labor at that time. 34 weeks will occur exactly on September 17th. One-day after the Bridge to Bridge Incredible Cycling Challenge. Sadly, with everything that is going on right now... I can not do the ride. I'm officially out. It sucks... I wanted to do this ride one more time before making the full-time shift to tri training. Oh well. The one bright side is that I can focus solely on my 3 training disciplines. I can run and swim more without feeling guilty about not riding 4-5 days a week... which is what it takes to complete a hilly century ride without dying. I have 8 months to become a very proficient swimmer and runner. I'm not as concerned about the running... but I'm gonna need all eight months to dial in my swimming.

Anyway... ditching the Bridge ride is no big deal compared to the birth of my little girl. Hopefully I'll be posting her official results (birthday, weight, etc.) real soon. Who knows, maybe next year I'll have 4 kids cheering me across the finish instead of 3. One thing I know... as soon as she's born... she's grounded!

No comments: