Sunday, September 2, 2007

Girl interrupted!

Well,... right smack dab into my training and just before a welcomed 4-day holiday weekend... my daughter decided she wanted to come into this world early. My wife's water broke and we rushed her to the hospital. It was one of those "driving down the highway with flashers on doing 90 miles per hour" moments. She is eight-weeks early. So, my wife is on 100% bed rest until the baby "cooks" long enough for a trouble-free birth. "Long enough" is a little over two-weeks. She has to live in a hospital bed for two weeks! That means me sleeping on a hospital couch, and driving back and forth to home, driving kids to school, etc. Life's gonna be nuts for the next few weeks. And, when the little nipper is finally born, she must stay in the baby intensive care ward for two weeks. So basically my new address is Catawba Memorial Hospital in Hickory, NC. For the time being my cycling is pretty much shot. I've been able to squeeze in runs between being at the hospital and elsewhere. I'll be able to swim at the club on lunch breaks. But training right now is waaaaay down the list of important things next to my daughter's entrance into this world and the comfort and sanity of my wife. She's being a real trooper right now. God bless her. More later.... Peace.

No comments: